To view a short video of the program in action, visit https://youtu.be/meCfC0CU4fg
Target Behavior: Healthy Eating, Physical Activity and Reducing Screen Time
Intervention Type: Direct Education
Intervention Reach and Adoption
Setting: Community (Live), Faith-based community, Health care, Indian Tribal Organizations, USDA program sites (not National School Lunch Program)
Target Audience: Adults, Older Adults, People with disabilities
- Reusable Bingocize® in a Box: Official Bingocize® shirt for a facilitator, curriculum reinforcements for one workshop, and exercise equipment for 20 participants, including resistance bands and therapy balls.
- Workshop and marketing materials for participants are available for download after successfully completing the online training.
- Licensing cost: 2-year license $400.00 per organization for the first county. Each additional county cost $300.00 for a 2-year license.
- Training cost for initial 2-year license term: Online training is $150.00 per person.
- Equipment cost: “Bingocize® in a Box” is $350 (plus shipping and handling
- Curriculum reinforcements are awarded to game winners. Typical curriculum reinforcements include small personal items e.g., lotion, shampoo, etc. (prizes are not provided), however, we offer optional curriculum reinforcement packages that can be used as prizes during Bingocize® play.
Multiple research studies, as well as actual implementation in older adult facilities, confirmed program facilitators and participants accepted the Bingocize® program. For example, participant adherence during studies was 93%, and retention was above 90%.
Published research includes:
- Older Adults’ Functional Performance and Health Knowledge After a Combination Exercise, Health Education, and Bingo Game
- A Mobile Application for Improving Functional Performance and Health Education in Older Adults: A Pilot Study
- Functional Performance in Older Adults after a Combination Multicomponent Exercise Program and Bingo Game
Evidence-based Approach: Research-tested
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Sectors of Influence|
- ST3a: Physical activity and leisure sport
- ST3b: Physical activity when you breathed harder than normal
- ST3c: Physical activity to make your muscles stronger (muscular strength)
Jason Crandall, PhD
Associate Professor & Bingocize® Creator
Western Kentucky University Center for Applied Science in Health and Aging