To view a short video of the program in action, visit https://youtu.be/meCfC0CU4fg
Target Behavior: Healthy Eating, Physical Activity and Reducing Screen Time
Intervention Type: Direct Education
Intervention Reach and Adoption
Setting: Community (Live), Faith-based community, Health care, Indian Tribal Organizations, USDA program sites (not National School Lunch Program)
Target Audience: Adults, Older Adults, People with disabilities
- Reusable Bingocize® in a Box: Official Bingocize® shirt for a facilitator, curriculum reinforcements for one workshop, a quick-start facilitator guide, and exercise equipment for 20 participants, including resistance bands and therapy balls.
- Workshop and marketing materials for participants are available for download after successfully completing the online training.
- A 2-year license fee is $400.00 per organization, for the first county being licensed, and then $300 per county for each additional county. Licensing includes access to all delivery modes of Bingocize® (traditional and online) and allows the licensed organization to use the program in an unlimited number of facilities (as long as the facilities are normally serviced/operated in by the licensed organization) within one county. If the organization plans to use the program in more than one county, an additional license is required for each additional county. For example, an organization purchasing a license for 3 counties would pay $1000 for the licensing fee. Review the license agreement.
- Cost for initial 2-year license term: Online training is $150.00 per person. Training includes online access to targeted educational and marketing materials for participants, as well as a manual for facilitators.
- Bingocize® in a Box is $350 (plus shipping and handling). The durable and reusable box contains equipment for up to 20 participants, but the box does NOT include a bingo game set. The box Includes resistance bands, therapy balls, an official Bingocize® t-shirt for one facilitator, a facilitator’s quick-start quide, and themed (exercise, falls prevention, or nutrition) curriculumn reinforcements for one 10-week workshop (20 sessions). You may choose which pack to include in your intial box, but can reorder additional curriculum reinforcements. Purchase of at least 1 box is required with a license.
- Curriculum reinforcements are awarded to game winners. Typical curriculum reinforcements include small personal items e.g., lotion, shampoo, etc. (prizes are not provided), however, we offer optional curriculum reinforcement packages that can be used as prizes during Bingocize® play.
Multiple research studies, as well as actual implementation in older adult facilities, confirmed program facilitators and participants accepted the Bingocize® program. For example, participant adherence during studies was 93%, and retention was above 90%.
Published research includes:
- Older Adults’ Functional Performance and Health Knowledge After a Combination Exercise, Health Education, and Bingo Game
- A Mobile Application for Improving Functional Performance and Health Education in Older Adults: A Pilot Study
- Functional Performance in Older Adults after a Combination Multicomponent Exercise Program and Bingo Game
Evidence-based Approach: Research-tested
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Sectors of Influence|
- ST3a: Physical activity and leisure sport
- ST3b: Physical activity when you breathed harder than normal
- ST3c: Physical activity to make your muscles stronger (muscular strength)