Target Behavior: Healthy Eating, Physical Activity
Intervention Type: PSE Change
Intervention Reach and Adoption
Setting: Community, Retail, School
Target Audience: Middle School, High School, Parents/Mothers/Fathers
- Background, information about the indicators, and an outline of the components included in training,
- Comprehensive training materials, tutorials, and worksheets for orientation, mapping, field surveys, media tracking,
- Templates for communication with store owners, the community, and the press,
- Planning tools for implementing CX3 post-survey intervention.
- Following CX3 assessment, 11 small grocery stores were recruited into the Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Branch Retail Program; two stores increased their CX3 store survey scores from underachieving to greater than 75 “quality store” goal (FY12-FY13 Orange County).
- The need for an Arcata community garden was identified at a CX3 community forum in the spring of 2011. The Open Door Community Health Clinic revived the fallow garden with funding they received from a grant (FY11 – Humboldt County).
- A project engaged food outlets (convenience stores, small markets and grocery stores) to sell a variety of good quality healthy food, including fruits and vegetables; market and promote healthy food options; participate in food assistance programs, and help create a safe and inviting environment around their stores (FY09 – Sonoma County).
Publications, Presentations and Local Results can be found at the following website:
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Sectors of Influence|
California Department of Public Health
Phone: (916) 650-6891