Target Behavior: Physical Activity
Intervention Type: Direct Education, PSE Change
Intervention Reach and Adoption
Target Audience: Elementary School
- > 20 hours professional development,
- Technical support,
- Program and curriculum resources,
- PA equipment and tracking devices,
- External evaluation services.
- PA behaviors:
- The mean number of minutes spent in MVPA during PE class increased from baseline to the final measurement by 2.6 minutes, or by 11.3%.
- The percentage of allocated PE time spent in MVPA increased by 11.5%.
- The number of daily steps taken by fourth graders each day at school increased from baseline to post-test by 7.5%.
- PA Supports Adopted:
- 30 of the 39 schools adopted a before-school program with sessions offered at least 2 days a week.
- 22 of the 30 schools offered a before-school program for sessions of 20 minutes or longer.
- Healthy Weight:
- Body Mass Index percentile rank changes in 2,524 4th grade students assessed from pre- to post: decreased – 57.2%, increased – 39.5%, stayed the same – 3.3%.
- Aerobic Capacity – Healthy Fitness Zone:
- At baseline, 52.0% of students achieved the Healthy Fitness Zone for the 20 meter PACER test, a validated aerobic capacity test. The percentage of students achieving the Healthy Fitness Zone increased to 61.7% for the post-test. The Healthy Fitness Zone is the “level of fitness that research has shown to be necessary for good health.”
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Sectors of Influence|