Target Behavior: Healthy Eating, Physical Activity
Intervention Type: Direct Education, Social Marketing
Intervention Reach and Adoption
Setting: Child care
Target Audience: Preschool (<5 years old)
- Families using our Healthy Habits for Life kit report a significantly greater willingness to eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lower-fat milk (up 10–18%).
- Ritchie, LD., Whaley, SD., Spector, P., Gomez, J., Crawford, PB. (2010). Favorable Impact of Nutrition Education on California WIC Families. Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior, 42(3S)
- 45% of parents say their children talk about “healthy” topics, such as eating more fruits and vegetables.
- KidPoint LLC. (2009). Healthy Habits for Life Child Care Resource Kit Evaluation Report, Unpublished report.
- Almost 6 million families and childcare centers received a Sesame Street outreach kit, while reaching “countless” Sesame Street viewers.
- Sesame Workshop project records, 2011.
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Individual||ST1, ST3||MT1, MT3|
|Sectors of Influence||MT12|
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Healthy Habits for Life or any Sesame Street toolkits and resources.