Target Behavior: Breastfeeding, Healthy Eating, Physical Activity
Intervention Type: PSE Change
Intervention Reach and Adoption
Setting: Child care
Target Audience: Preschool (<5 years old)
- Five in-person learning sessions, attended by 2-3 representatives from each participating ECE program
- Ongoing technical assistance from trainers with expertise in early childhood and/or nutrition
- Access to tools, materials, resources, and curricula based on the Let’s Move! Child Care and Preventing Childhood Obesity (2nd edition) standards
Cohort 1 Evaluation Results
- Cohort 1 launched in Spring 2013 in Arizona, North/Central Florida, South Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, and New Jersey with 27 collaboratives, and 572 ECE programs that served approximately 52,000 children
- The percentage of participating ECE programs meeting LMCC best practices increased from 68.1% at baseline to 77.4% after ECELC learning sessions and technical assistance.
- The percentage of Go NAP SACC best practices met by ECE programs increased from 53.4% at baseline to 65.4% after ECELC learning sessions and technical assistance.
Cohort 2, Phase 1 Evaluation Results
- Cohort 2, phase 1 was conducted from May 2014-February 2015 in Kentucky, Los Angeles County, California, and Virginia with 9 collaboratives, and 225 ECE programs that served approximately 21,000 children.
- Among 192 programs completing the Go NAP SACC following learning sessions one and four, 89% made improvements in at least one sub-topic area
Cohort 2, Phase 2 Evaluation Results
- Cohort 2, phase 2, consisting of a second round of learning collaboratives in the original six states (Arizona, North/Central Florida, South Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, and New Jersey), lasted from September 2014-June 2015 and consisted of 23 collaboratives and 559 ECE programs that served approximately 52,400 children.
- Among 367 programs, 83% had a positive change in the overall number of best practices met as measured by the Go NAP SACC.
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Individual||ST1, ST3||MT1, MT3||LT1, LT3|
|Environmental Settings||ST5, ST6, ST7||MT5, MT6||LT5, LT6, LT7, LT8, LT9, LT10, LT11|
|Sectors of Influence|
- Let’s Move! Child Care Checklist Quiz (English): https://d3knp61p33sjvn.cloudfront.net/media-resources/ECELC/C2P1/LS1/Project_Coordinators_Trainers/Evaluation/LetsMoveChildCareQuiz.pdf
- Let’s Move! Child Care Checklist Quiz (Spanish): https://d3knp61p33sjvn.cloudfront.net/media-resources/ECELC/C2P1/LS1/Project_Coordinators_Trainers/Evaluation/LMCCRegQuiz_SPANISH.pdf
- Go NAP SACC Self-Assessments: https://gonapsacc.org/resources/nap-sacc-materials