- They learn from watching you … Eat more fruits and veggies and they will too.
- They learn from watching you … Be more active and your kids will too!
- They’re still growing…Help you kids grow strong…Serve milk at meals.
Target Behavior: Healthy Eating, Physical Activity
Intervention Type: Social Marketing
Intervention Reach and Adoption
Target Audience: Parents/Mothers/Fathers, Adults
- Campaign messages are resonating with the target audience. Respondents’ recall of fruit and vegetable and physical activity messages has increased significantly.
- Respondents exposed to the campaign were significantly more likely to say they were thinking seriously about eating more fruits and vegetables in the next 6 months.
- Campaign messages through digital media had high awareness levels, especially among the target demographic.
- SNAP recipients exposed to the campaign are thinking about eating more fruits and vegetables and are more likely to have used Double Up Food Bucks.
After four years of delivering a mass media social marketing campaign, it is clear that MFF is reaching a significant portion of Michigan’s SNAP audience with healthy eating and physical activity messages. The launch of MFF’s digital media campaign, as well as the promotion of fruit and vegetable consumption through co-branded materials (Fair Food Network and WIC), had promising results in 2015.
|Readiness and Capacity – Short Term (ST)||Changes – Medium Term (MT)||Effectiveness and Maintenance – Long Term (LT)||Population Results (R)|
|Sectors of Influence||MT12|
Michigan Nutrition Network at the Michigan Fitness Foundation
P.O. Box 27187
Lansing, MI, 48909